Application By Industry
Outdoor Patio Heating
Gently warm people and furnishings—not the air
Whether you are looking to extend your outdoor season, have a designated smoking area, or make additional room for peak crowds, Detroit Radiant Products Company’s broad selection offers a solution that will fit your outdoor heating needs.
Select the Right Outdoor Heater:
- > Excessive Air Movement: Wind or light breezes are perhaps the largest variable when trying to achieve comfortable heating in an outdoor or spot heating environment. Using barricades, such as wind curtains, is highly recommended whenever possible. However, it’s imperative to always maintain clearances to combustibles at all times.
- > Mounting Heights: Traditionally, outdoor or spot heating requires the heating equipment to be mounted lower or closer to the people. Lowering the equipment may result in less coverage but will offer a more focused heat pattern to the desired area. The final mounting height of the heater may need to be adjusted to achieve the results you desire.
- > Your Expectations: Depending on your unique needs, additional or fewer heaters may be required for a given application. There is rarely a “one size fits all” solution to properly size an outdoor or spot heating application. You may seek maximum comfort in extreme conditions while others may be looking to take the chill off for short periods, such as a designated smoking area.
COMMONLY USED PRODUCTS
- DSC Designer Series Single or Two Stage High Intensity
- DST Designer Series Low Intensity
- HL2-DS Designer Series Low Intensity
- HL3 Series Two Stage Low Intensity
- DX3L Series Single Stage Low Intensity
- DGS Series Electric
- DSS Series Electric
- SW2 Series Electric
- TW2 Series Electric
- MW2 Series Electric
- DR Series High Intensity